SV: [AMPS] Linearizing Linears, feedback or feedforward

Ian White, G3SEK Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:16:42 +0100

sm5ki wrote:

>Collins has used negative rf feedback over the tube final and driver stages
>for years. More of this in W6SAIs RADIO HANDBOOKs. The SB 220 har rf feed:
>the grid capacitors and grid to anode capacitances are used as a rf voltage
>divider. Look also into the old 1954 SINGLE SIDEBAND PRINCIPLES AND CIRCUITS
>by PAPPENFUSS et al if it is still avaiable, who knows?

I found one about a year ago at bookfinders.com, a network of mostly
small second-hand book dealers. You enter some search data - in this
case, "pappenfus" (one "s") will find what you want - and it lists any
dealers who have it. Being in the book trade, they tell you everything
about the condition of the book as well as the price. You can then
choose one dealer and follow a link to their own site to order the book.

If a book is not available, there is also a "want list" facility which
can store your request until a copy turns up.

I've ordered from two dealers via bookfinders.com, and both were
reliable and easy to deal with. FWIW, the copy of Pappenfus was almost
unused and cost about $25 + shipping.

                           http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek