SV: [AMPS] Linearizing Linears, feedback or feedforward

Lamb k7fm@teleport.com
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:20:09 -0700

My Harvey Wells Bandmaster uses an 807 final and operates on 1.8 to 148 mhz.
(actually it is mcs., since it was built before the great conversion).

The actual output of mine on 50 mcs. is 4 watts.  On two meters, I did not
have an accurate wattmeter on that band when I tested it many years ago, but
it would light a #47 pilot bulb to at least half brilliance.  I need to run
an accurate test to determine how much power it really does have on 2
meters.  Another winter project.

So, yes, the 807 does work on 2 meters - and it was done  in a commercial
unit (the Bandmaster) that sold about 10,000 units - mostly overseas and
mostly to non-hams.

73,  Colin  K7FM