[AMPS] collins 30L - 1

N6BUU@aol.com N6BUU@aol.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 13:00:05 EDT

In a message dated 09/30/2000 06:38:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
cqki8fh@juno.com writes:

<<

 I received a collins 30L-1.  The ham who gave it to me said it had not
 been on in over 20 years.  I replaced several parts (cap, rest, etc)
 including the 811A tubes.  The key down on most of the bands is about 700
 watts or less.  I was wondering it the transformer might be bad.  The D.C
 volts is about 1800.  Do any of you have and suggestions.  I am driving
 this amp with 100 watts from a Kenwood ts-820.

 Thanks

 Dan
sounds like its working too me!  collins calls for 70 watts drive     hank