[AMPS] SB220 & 4-400s

Lane Zeitler ku7i@hotmail.com
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 13:19:24 -0700

If the sockets are recessed like in the Henry 2KD-5 and the like then the
tubes will not stay seated, not enough pin to grab the tube. You may have to
mount the sockets on top of the chassis or make the hole a bit bigger so the
tubes sit flush. IF you mount the socket on top of the chassis then you may
have to go with shorter plate caps. I played with this with an SB-220 about
15 years ago so my memory is rusty.

Lane
Ku7i