[AMPS] 4-1000A Project

Phil (VA3UX) phil@vaxxine.com
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:44:11 -0400

At 09:14 PM 4/4/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>A Q of 12 is NOT some kind of magic number. It is a suggestion,
>and efficiency varies only a small amount if the Q is 20 or 6  if it is
>done with good tank components.
>
>12 is a number that makes people feel good, more than making
>their amps work good. The best Q might be 6 or it might be 15...it
>all depends.

"It all depends ".... on what ?  Finish the thought for the benefit of the
poor guy out there that's trying to learn.

This discussion has completely overlooked the attenuation of harmonics as a
function of tank Q.  You guys need to keep in mind that this thread started
with a request for advice from someone wanting to build their first 4-1000
amp.  I haven't seen all that much good advice so far; just a bunch of
incomplete thoughts  and a 4-1000 "expert" that has repeatedly "bespoken"
himself.

Phil