[AMPS] Re: 4-1000A Project

Jan.E.Holm@telia.se Jan.E.Holm@telia.se
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:22:39 +0200

     Yes be very carefull. I am happy to be alive after a 5 kV hit
     from my 4x1 PS 17 years ago.
     Beats me why I survived, I got it betwen one leg and one hand.
     It probably wasnt a direct contact but an arc from the HV
     connector to the leg and return was thru one hand since I
     was leaning towards the 19" rack cabinet.
     It knocked me out for a while, dont know for how long since
     I was alone at the time, did get a very very bad wound on my
     leg that took something like 6 months to heal.
     Strange thing is that I have no memory of an electric shock,
     I just woke up and felt awful and didnt understand what was
     going on.
     So, if you guys do think I´m a bit nuts or strange sometimes
     this is the explanation, sure did get a pritty bad blast.

     73, Jim SM2EKM