[AMPS] 50hz? 25Hz???

Larry Molitor w7iuv@earthlink.net
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 14:46:43 +0000

Downtown Chicago was one such place. Many elevators in the "loop" still ran
on 25 Hz until sometime in the sixties. I remember seeing, at the power
station where my father worked, the huge motor-generator that was used to
convert the locally generated 60 Hz to 25 Hz for distribution to select
customers. The conversion from 25 Hz to 60 Hz for "consumers" was done
before I arrived on the scene.

Larry - W7IUV