[AMPS] Zener screen supplies

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 07:28:14 -0400

> Message text written by Peter Chadwick
>
> >It seems that Measures doesn't know how to 'measure'.......<
>
> My guess is that he knows perfectly well but is more interested in
> trolling than anything else. Hence the high incidence of what
> psychotherapists call 'crossed transactions'.

It extends beyond the use of a ruler.

He uses a grid dip meter to measure impedance and Q.

All of this goes back to his claims that parasitics are a major
cause of component damage. Without inaccurate measurements,
his claims fall apart.

It isn't trolling at the root of this, it is the reputation of being a guru
and selling kits. When N7WS measured some suppressors, Rich
begged him not to publish the results because it would hurt sales
and he would have to fire the person who helps pack kits.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com