[AMPS] Zener screen supplies

Bill Aycock baycock@HIWAAY.NET
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:06:03 -0500

Rich - you have a history of distorting and miss-quoting others. this is
just another. His quote was not "about 7mm" as you say below, it was :

>The Eimac outline drawing (Page 8 of data sheet no 4009 dated 9-1-79) for
>the 4CX250B/FG does not enumerate this dimension and in any event is rather
>oversize. Measurement of an actual 4CX250B shows that the insulator surface
>path is just under 7mm long, as opposed to slightly over 10mm on the
>drawing.

He says "just under 7mm long", and says "measurement of an actual 4C--"
This said to jme that he measured a real tube.
Why did you not read what I did? or- why did you distort it? Why, in
another place, did you attribute the difference to being 9 times the value?

question- why do you HAVE to win at any cost?

Bill-W4BSG

At 01:25 PM 4/17/01 -0700, you wrote:
>>Rich- it was clear to the rest of us- why didn't you read before sneering?
>>
>>Bill
>>\
>RE:  the AMPS archive.  In John Nelson's 16 April post he does not state
>How he determined the "about 7mm".  It could have been an eyeball
>estimate.
>.
>cheers
>
>-  Rich..., 805.386.3734, www.vcnet.com/measures.