[AMPS] Dentron 10-160L replacement xformer woes...

wb8jkr@juno.com wb8jkr@juno.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:50:22 -0400

  The filter cap bank will be the next thing to go at
that voltage level. I rebuilt one of those amps about
15 years ago with that transformer and wound up
buying the filter bank assembly for the SB-220 and
installing it with some silicon alley diode blocks and
installing that in place of the factory stuff. Also
redid the plate multiplier resistor so it would
indicate 3500 v FS if I remember right.
 Also redid the fan so it drew air out of the cabinet
instead of blowing in and exiting out the
cabinet bottom.

Mark  WB8JKR

> baffled.
> My next step was to borrow a 220V variac to get to a lower B+ (if I
> can find a
> local with one!!) any help? Questions?

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.