[AMPS] 4-400 replacement

John T. M. Lyles jtml@lanl.gov
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:06:00 -0600

I got home from the NAB convention in Vegas last night. Reading the
questions and answers here, I saw someone looking for big coils.
Besides Multronics, Phasetek had some nice looking pieces, and
complete antenna tuners and phasor systems for broadcast. Kurt Gorman
is the pres, in Quakertown, PA. (215) 536 6648.

Kintronics in Bristol, TN also makes big coils, and should have a website.

Penta Laboratories is still in business. They showed a '4CX400'
ceramic tetrode which is made to fit into a glass 4-400A or C socket.
Claim is that it is a drop in. It looked a bit rough, esp the fins on
the anode. I saw a data sheet. They claim to be working on a 3-500Z
replacement in similar fashion.

73
John
K5PRO