[AMPS] TS830S Vs FT-102 and TS930S

i4jmy@iol.it i4jmy@iol.it
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:21:30 +0200

In the early 80', just after the 21st cycle peak, I had two TS830.
Incidentally one had sometimes a problem in the PLL that was fixed
following Kenwood directions (ground contact).
I never tried on 160m (not allowed yet) but in both the receivers it
appeared consistently overloaded on 15, 20 and 40 m when connected to
a "serious" antenna systems.
Nothing like that happened with any TS930/940 under the same antennas,
sometimes only a slight trouble on 40m that required a small amount of
attenuation to fix.
A number of TS 930 had instad a lot of troubles with the poor quality
of the printed circuit of the digital board.
... I couldn't ever finish a contest using an FT102.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

> The 830 is the best performing radio; however, The 930 is more fun to
use and
> a superb performer. If you want brut output power go with the 102.
I've had