[AMPS] RF sensing

2 2@vc.net
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:14:19 -0700

>I am more than a little surprised at your answer.  The RF does NOT appear at
>the amplifier any SOONER using RF switching than it does using DC switching.

//  'Exactamente', and therein lies the problem.  With RF switching. the
amplifier's RF  relays can not begin transitioning until RF is present.
This is not good news.  However, with transceiver-controlled DC
switiching, the relays are fully closed before RF arrives at the amp's
input.

>The timing problem will be identical with either type of switching.

//  hardly.  Copper-contact vacuum relays are not designed to hot-switch.
 For tungsten-contacts, hotswitching is not a problem.

cheers