[AMPS] Need help with 2C39 Water Cooling

K7xq@aol.com K7xq@aol.com
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 02:32:27 EDT

--part1_11c.3a336e9.28b8a07b_boundary

Hello All,
 I am trying to build a water cooling system for my pair of 2C39's. I am
having problems finding the parts for it. Particularly the water pump, I went
to the little giant website and don't know what model number to chose or what
type to look for. Model # 1-42A mentioned in the ARRL Microwave Book doesn't
seem to be there. I have looked in Home Depot and all they have is pond pumps
and sump pumps. The pet stores only have air pumps. Can anyone show me where
to get one ???

Also, for the water reservoir, I have heard anything from a small PVC tube to
a 4 gallon reservoir is used. Can anyone suggest a simple and easy to find
reservoir to use. I don't wan to get too fancy getting flow indicators and
current meters right now, just want to test and get the amplifier working to
its full power.

Jeff K7XQ
http://members.aol.com/k7xq1/k7xq.html

--part1_11c.3a336e9.28b8a07b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  SIZE=2>Hello All,
<BR> I am trying to build a water cooling system for my pair of 2C39's. I am
<BR>having problems finding the parts for it. Particularly the water pump, I went
<BR>to the little giant website and don't know what model number to chose or what
<BR>type to look for. Model # 1-42A mentioned in the ARRL Microwave Book doesn't
<BR>seem to be there. I have looked in Home Depot and all they have is pond pumps
<BR>and sump pumps. The pet stores only have air pumps. Can anyone show me where
<BR>to get one ???
<BR>
<BR>Also, for the water reservoir, I have heard anything from a small PVC tube to
<BR>a 4 gallon reservoir is used. Can anyone suggest a simple and easy to find
<BR>reservoir to use. I don't wan to get too fancy getting flow indicators and
<BR>current meters right now, just want to test and get the amplifier working to
<BR>its full power.
<BR>
<BR>Jeff K7XQ
<BR>http://members.aol.com/k7xq1/k7xq.html