[AMPS] cti requires micro sponge IE

2 2@vc.net
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 10:40:29 -0700

>re: cti and other classic web page problem(s).
>-
>-
>CTI's web page has fallen into the same trap as
>many others not paying attention to the real
>web world.
>-
>One can not access the cti web page past the initial index
>using many of the popular web browsers, like Netscape for
>example.
>-
>Micro Sponge makes a serious effort to throw quirks into
>their web page writing software which only Internet
>Explorer can use.  It's not hard to see how they do this,
>but many people don't know about the problem when they
>author web pages.
>-
>Sometimes it comes down the Author expecting
>every visitor to have the latest plug in when in fact many
>don't even want shockwave or similar installed.
>-
>So Netscape (newer version), and some of the other OS
>web browser don't work on their site, only MS IE.   It's not
>about having the latest version, it's about deliberate
>exclusion of the other browsers, sold as a feature of IE.
>-
//  Amen to that.  Bill Gates is seemingly just another John D.
Rockefeller-type megalomaniac.  According to one Microsoft employee, Bill
sometimes adds emphasis by jumping up and down on top of his desk.  A few
month ago, I was telephoned by one of Bill's lapdogs.  He asked me if I
would write to my congressional reps in support of Microsoft's appeal of
the court decision in the Justice Department lawsuit againt Microsoft?  I
told him that the lawsuit was a good thing because Bill already controls
95% of the OS market.  If it wasn't for Apple and the Justice Dept.,
consumers would have virtually zero choice.  He has not called back.

cheers, Skipp

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end