[AMPS] Glitch Protection

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:51:13 -0500

The grid-trip circuits I have used for years on 8877's
and others look at the voltage drop across a resistor
hung from the cathode to ground. This voltage goes through
a pot to set the desired trip current. The pot gives another
C. 1000 ohms or so "glitch" protection for the base of the
transistor that opens the PTT line by removing coil voltage
from the VOX/QSK relay. I have had many "big bangs" over
the years, but have never lost a grid-trip transistor. (knock on wood)
Perhaps just good luck, or over-engineering.
(((73)))
Phil, K5PC