[AMPS] capacitor qestion for NCL-2000

2 2@vc.net
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 07:48:59 -0700

>Hi Richard,
>
>I didnt know for sure how much capacitance I could go
>up to based on the power supply. I knew 80uf was pry
>the minimum for sure.

//  Indeed

>Do you know how much bigger in
>diameter the 200 is vs the 100uf capactitors? There
>are 8 of those guys in there and Im concerned about
>getting them all jammed in there. Maybe the new caps
>are made smaller with more capacitance?

//  Yes.   Diameter is the primary concern.  My guess is the originals
are 35mm dia.

>Im sure you
>know there isnt a ton of room in the NCL for the
>caps,hihi. Thanks a lot for your response...

ur welcome, Mark.  Your experiences in this matter may be useful to other
NCL owners.  Beware of the original screen supply.  Since there is no
current limiting, it is a screen killer.  An improved NCL-2000 circuit
diagram is on my Web site.