[AMPS] AL1500

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:42:46 -0800

Is that a French ham or a Function key? <yuck>

> A friend of mine, an F3... , (has no internet access) wants to know:
>
> Does anyone know what the AL1500 is _really_ capable  and under what
> conditions?
	[Steve Katz]  The AL1500 runs a lot of power.  Not so much for
people using "tetrodes with handles," but more than the amateur legal limit,
for sure.  Had one on the bench churning 2200W carrier power for (yawn)
about ten minutes before I decided that was enough garage heating for the
day.  Besides, my Bird 1200W load was getting rather toasty.  I don't doubt
for a moment that it can run 1500W output continuously (not necessarily in
the broadcast sense, but in the amateur sense).

	WB2WIK/6