[AMPS] HV Pole Pigs ++

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:13:06 -0800

I'm still trying to figure why hams (including me, in my younger and
stupider days) feel the need to use a 96 kVA transformer to power an amateur
amplifier.  Even tubes with really big handles don't need a 96 kVA source,
but that's what the average pole pig is.

-WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger