[AMPS] HV Pole Pigs ++

Phil (VA3UX) phil@vaxxine.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:36:40 -0500

Well the pole pigs I have aren't that big.  Mine are all either 5 or 10
KVA, perhaps the occasional 3 KVA unit.  But these are disappearing
quickly.  With upgrades to the distribution system around here during the
past few years, 25 KVA is pretty much the smallest size they're putting a
pole now. And those are with 16 KV primaries.

Despite that, you're still right. There is (or was) that certain macho need
to have a "Tim Allen" sized transformer.

Phl