[AMPS] Additional Tube Brand Questions

Stan Stockton k5go@alltel.net
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 12:52:23 -0600

I have never seen an L-4B that did not have chimneys and a (too small)
squirrel cage blower.  The L-7 is the one with the muffin fan.  The only
place my L-4B's cabinets get hot is directly above the tubes
(understandably so since heat rises) whether you are running the stock
power supply at about 1800V in CW position or whether you are running
another power supply at 3500V.  Whether helpful to the tubes and other
components to keep it cool or not, I don't know, but a couple of muffin
fans on top taking the hot air and dispersing it into the room helps
keep the operators cozy. :)

Stan