[AMPS] switches

carl seyersdahl carlseye@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:39:49 -0500

Tom: I've called many parts by the wrong names over the years, I guess. I
was referring ,I guess, to the progressively shorting switch seen in so many
amps today, as opposed to what I've seen in many construction articles,
where they use what I would call a "break before make " type. Both types do
essentially the same thing, IE. progressively shorting the tank coil turns.
Other than the area of the switch contacts, I can't see much difference in
the two setups although there might be some electronic reasoning behind
them!!  carl / kz5ca