[AMPS] SB-220 High input SWR and transceiver fold back

John den Boer johndb@dbtechnet.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 05:52:27 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Smith [mailto:n4zr@contesting.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 5:40 AM
To: johndb@dbtechnet.com
Subject: Re: [AMPS] SB-220 High input SWR and transceiver fold back

Does this happen on all bands?  It certainly doesn't sound normal.  When
you say "on CW" do you mean with the amplifier in CW position?  What
happens if you run the xcvr in CW but the amp in SSB position?

My SB-220 does not do what you describe, at all.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at
http://www.qsl.net/n4zr

Yes ... it happens on all bands.
What I meant by fold back occurs when operating SSB was operating the
exciter's in SSB voice mode.
What I meant by CW was operating a continuous carrier into the amplifier
from the exciter.
The fold back occurs in both SB-220 "CW/TUNE" and "SSB" positions.

What exciter are you using Pete?

I hope this clarifies my original post.

John (VE7JDB)