[AMPS] 77SX

paul apollo_six@btinternet.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:28:18 +0000

I normally run the opposite way when my wife calls me!

Paul....

PS I think the subtle but important differences between the US and
European distribution systems are now becoming clearer :)

In message <3A528B6B.4D6A27@pivot.net>, Roger D. Johnson
<n1rj@pivot.net> writes

>Hi Paul...
>
> Of course you are 100% correct! Shows what happens when you try
>to dash off a quick reply just after the wife has given the
>supper call!
> The point I was trying to make is that, in the US, the 220V (nominal)
>is from line to line on a single phase system. In Germany, the 220v
>is from line to neutral on a 3 phase system. This often causes grief
>when trying to run American appliances on European circuits.
>
>73, Roger
>
>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/amps

To try and not succeed is better than not to try at all (Anon)