[AMPS] Output Pulse from ICOM 706

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 06:03:47 -0500

> There is a "normal"amount of "overshoot" to the wave form in CW but it is
> not more than about 7%, maybe.  These results are from my ole Heath IO-10
> monitor scope.  In fact, untill it was mentioned on this reflector, the

Two problems:

1.) A 7% spike is still a 14% power increase.

2.) You can not accurately read the spike on a non-peak-storage
device. A non-storage scope simply is not fast enough.

> 775DSP. What is the approx length of the pulse we are talking about here??

Less than a millisecond at the crest.

>  And, as was asked in the original note, has anyone come up with an
> internal "fix" to the problem?

Redesigning the ALC and installing it in a surface mount rig would
be difficult.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com