[AMPS] re: Pwr Switch AL-811

Steve Hajducek n2ckh@cybercomm.net
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 09:53:15 -0400

At 10:07 PM 1/5/01 -0800, you wrote:

>>I've had the same thing happen with those rocker switches in other
>>equipment.  It means nothing more than: "you need a new switch."
>>When the contacts get bad, they get hot enough to melt and the
>>springs kick everything out on the floor.
>
>The TL922 and the SB-220 have the same problem.  The fix is to install a
>stepstart circuit using the original, way too slow T/R relay and two,
>25-ohm, 10w resistors.  see Figure 1 on my Web site.

Hi Rich,

I am considering that. There is ample room inside the chassis. I only
picked this toy up to get a bit of QRO on 160m this season as I have
no time to either mod my SB-220 or the Collins 204F with my new job
and travel considerations. I bought it used, it is like new, but these things
happen day one some times. The design of the amp is not bad, but it
is what it is cheap.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH

http://www.qsl.net/n2ckh