[AMPS] DXpediton Amp

Hans Goldschmidt sm5ki@algonet.se
Mon, 08 Jan 2001 08:25:27 +0000

1-01-08 01.23, skrev Roger Huntley på huntleyr@gte.net följande:

> Can anyone suggest a light weight amplifier and power supply for taking
> as luggage on an airline for vacation/DXpedition type operations.
> Thanks,
> Roger, W7VV, ZK1VVV
>

> --

The very compact HENRY K2000 looks like and has the same size as a KENWOOD
TS 520. Uses two EIMAC 8873s conduction cooled tubes that are very rare to
find and expensive. The K2000s sold ( was it 25 years ago???) in Sweden
still deliver around 1100-1200 watts. It is not very heavy.

I had one and it was of very high quality. Although I never could understand
how the power supply caps could survive the inside heat, it never failed.

The K2000 is the smallest 2 kW pep input linear on the market I believe.

Hans/SM5KI