[AMPS] Fw: Ten Commandments for the Amp Builder...

Warren J. Walsh wwalsh@pluto.skyweb.net
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:03:12 -0500

1. Beware of the lightning that lurketh in an undischarged capacitor lest
it cause thee to be bounced upon thy buttocks in a most ungainly and
painful manner.

2. Causeth thou the switch that supplieth large quantities of juice to be
opened and thusly tagged, so thy days may be long in this earthly veil of
tears.

3. Prove to thyself that all circuits that radiate and upon which thou
workest are grounded, lest they raise thee up to high frequency potential
and cause thee to radiate also.

4. Take care that thou useth the proper method when thou taketh the measure
of high-voltage circuits so that thou dost not incinerate both thyself and
the meter, for verily, though thou hast no account number and can be easily
replaced, the meter hath one and, as a consequence, bringeth much woe unto
the Supply Department.

5. Tarry thou not amongst those who deal in intentional shocks, for they
are surely unbelievers and are not long for this world.

6. Take care that thou tamperest not with interlocks and safety devices,
for this will incur the wrath of thy peers and bringeth the fury of the
authorities down upon thy head and shoulders.

7. Workest thou not upon energized equipment, for, if thou dost, thy
buddies will surely be buying beers for thy widow and consoling her in
other ways not generally acceptable to thee.

8. Verily, verily, I say unto you, never service high-voltage equipment
alone, for electric cooking is a slothful process and thou mightest sizzle
in thine own fat for hours on end before thy Maker seeth fit to end thy
misery and drag thee into His fold.

9. Trifle thou not with radioactive tubes and substances least thou
commence to glow in the dark like a lightning bug, and thy wife be
frustrated nightly and have no further use for thee except thy wage.

10. Commit thou to memory the works of the prophets, which are written in
the books of instruction, which give the straight dope and which console
thee, and thou canst not make mistakes.

DISCLAIMER:  I am NOT the author of the above, it was forwarded to me, and
I thought I would pass it on.

73
Warren - K2BM