[AMPS] noise

J. Bradshaw ac6tk@cybertime.net
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:01:52 -0800

This was seen on the AM Window mailing list:

>SPECIAL FCC ADVISORY
>
>This is a special advisory from the Federal Communications Commission. The
>FCC is requesting that any hams who discover illegal radio gear being
>advertised for sale on the various on-line auction sites such as eBay send
>this information to them at a new electronic address. This is
>FCCINFO@fcc.gov. Again that new address is FCCINFO@fcc.gov. Using this
>e-mail address will help expedite investigation of information provided.
>(FCC)

I suspect that a rash of chatter may crop up after posting this.

I sent an e-mail complaint to FCC about a commercial bunch trying
to use unauthorized frequencies once  It was leaked with disastrous
results.

Nobody likes a squealer, but how many of these clowns would squeal like
a pig if you broke down their door and smashed their equipment.  If you
have ever tuned across the CB band, you know it's thoroughly trashed with
funny noises and squeals.

Jim, ac6tk