[AMPS] Re: Two XFMRs Parallel...

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:35:36 -0500

Hi Paul,

> >Could be! My dictionary says it is a device for converting
> >mechanical to electrical energy.

> Is that DC energy then or AC ? - Seems your dictionary is older than
> me then Tom - needs updating by the look of it.

Well, let's not argue such silly nonsense.

Just tell me where I can find a definition in print someplace in an
engineering book or dictionary that specifies it is DC only, and I'll
get the reference and confirm you are right!

The three books I have that list that name simply say it is a device
for converting mechanical to electrical energy. Period.

Take your time, it isn't that important.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com