[AMPS] Clipperton L amplifier

Bill Aycock baycock@HIWAAY.NET
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 05:33:04 -0600

Rich- Thanks for the information- I am slowly learning a lot on this
subject., forgive  more questions. What type of resistors were they, and
what physical phenomenon causes the increase in R?  Was there any tube
damage, also?

The statements:
> The amp. was not being driven at the time.
>
> max out / max drive.
are a little inconsistent. Can you clarify which amps were operated which way?

Bill-W4BSG

At 11:32 PM 1/23/01 -0800, you wrote:

SNIP
>>Were these amps that were measured while exhibiting intermittent vhf
>>oscillation damaged in any way by the oscillation?
>
>the vhf suppressor-R was typically damaged.  The resistance suddenly
>increased 2x - 4x.
>

>-  Rich..., 805.386.3734, www.vcnet.com/measures.
>end

-