[AMPS] Re:WTB FIL XFMR

Hans Goldschmidt sm5ki@algonet.se
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:05:26 +0000

1-01-28 19.12, skrev measures på 2@vc.net följande:

>> 1-01-23 04.38, skrev Arne Gjerning på gjerning@flash.net följande:
>>
>> Hej Arne:
>> If you do not care about the other guy he will not care about you. If
>> everybody does not care about their signal quality and output, you maybe
>> will be the next one covered by an illegal splattering signal.
>>
>> The only advantage I see in them big toobes with handles and inflation in
>> filament current is, that you can run them in class A with very little
>> offending low distorsion products and still be able to get your legal 1500W
>> pep output (if you are in the States). .....
>
> Amen to that, Hans.  All one has to do to run class A is reduce the mic.
> gain until anode current does not increase during modulation.
>>>
>>> Curious so dug out the EIMAC catalog; 6.3V@160A=4CX15,000A/8281. The
>>> 4CX5000 and 4CX10,000 series take 7.5V so can't be those frozen pipes.
>>>
>>> So let me see, speed limit is lets say 75mph, many expensive sport cars
>>> will do easily do 150mph. Does that make every owner of those type of
>>> cars illegal. In fact my 2nd hand Ford Probe will easily do 120mph. OK,
>>> I will go to police and surrender as guilty of the possibility I could
>>> exceed legal limits. I know of some 10KW stns that have cleaner signals
>>> than some at 750W.
>>>
>>> My $0.01 advice, each of us police ourselves. Life is too short to worry
>>> about the other guy.
>>>
>>> --
>>> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/amps
>>> Submissions:              amps@contesting.com
>>> Administrative requests:  amps-REQUEST@contesting.com
>>> Problems:                 owner-amps@contesting.com
>>>

>> --
>> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/amps
>> Submissions:              amps@contesting.com
>> Administrative requests:  amps-REQUEST@contesting.com
>> Problems:                 owner-amps@contesting.com
>>

> -  Rich..., 805.386.3734, www.vcnet.com/measures.
> end

Yeah in class A the anode current is constant. In order to let the amp stay
that way under modulation one detects any current changes, rectifie them and
feed them back into the transceiver with proper time constants. A nice
little alc for those who like to stay clean and they are few nowadays. If
you feed the amp with the new YAESU FT1000 mark5 ( also in class A mode),
you will be very popular on the bands. However, you will have more QRM from
stns on the next channels who come nearer to you because they do not know
you are there, hi - or should I say sri?

Hans