[AMPS] Fw: ICAS rating confusion.

Bob Duckworth wb4mnf@atl.org
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:07:31 -0500

Tom-

Thanks for writing.

Perhaps you could give me a little more info.

When you say to the transformer maker
"ICAS 50% duty cycle with maximum load period 5 minutes"
how does he translate this to core and wire size?
Also, how does this translate into the advertised specs for the amp.

I get real confused reading the manufacturers specs when
comparing amps. They seem to all use the same language
but it doesn't necessarily mean the same thing.

Thanks,
-bob