[AMPS] ACOM Amps

Jon Ogden na9d@speakeasy.net
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 07:08:25 -0500

They are alive and very well.  They had a very nice booth at Dayton this
year.

One of my friends, Tom, AE9B, went and spent some time looking at the amps
and talking to the guys.  He was very impressed and felt that they Acom
design was better than anyone else's on the market.  He thought the
construction, features, performance and price were all very much in line.

They are still very much around.

Of course, never tell anyone on amps that you bought anything.  You'll get
inquisitioned about why you didn't build it yourself!  :-)

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 6/30/01 3:39 PM, TNeill1648@aol.com at TNeill1648@aol.com wrote:

> I am in the market for another amp and have been considering the 87A and ACOM
> 2000A.   It appears as though ACOM has not been advertising recently.  Is
> something going on with them?  Any user reports on the 2000A amplifier would
> be appreciated.  Thank you.
>
> Tom  K4XG

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)