[AMPS] Making tubes

carl seyersdahl carlseye@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:20:11 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C10565.FBB71500

I'm not exactly crazy about making my own tubes, but I do like to make a =
pc board now and then. Can you tell me where I can get info on the =
'silkscreen " method making pc boards. It would likely be a big =
improvement over what I've been doing with a magic marker and ferric =
chloride. thanks=20
  carl / kz5ca
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Billy Ward=20
  To: amps@contesting.com=20
  Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 2:06 PM
  Subject: [AMPS] Making tubes

  Greetings Group,

  I will ask this question at the chance of being made to look ignorant!

  With the high price of tubes, I wonder if anyone has ever invisioned a =
homebrew project to actually make the tube from scratch?  I know that it =
would be a little more than the average ham is used to working with but =
why could we not use something such as stainless steel tubing and come =
up with a decent power transmitting tube.  After all, someone once did =
that!

  We all know approximately what is needed and some of the group, I am =
sure, may have worked for places such as Eimac etc. and have a lot of =
knowledge of what goes into such a task. =20

  Sometimes things like this is MUCH more difficult than meets the eye =
and on the other hand, some things are dirt simple and just appear to be =
difficult.  Like making pc boards from scratch--some would not think of =
it and others like me can turn one out from drawing to board in 30-45 =
minutes using the silk-screen method at the kitchen sink.

  Billy Dean Ward

-----
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : =
http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C10565.FBB71500

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff=20
style=3D"BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; =
BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; FONT: 10pt verdana">
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I'm not exactly crazy about making my own tubes, =
but I do=20
like to make a pc board now and then. Can you tell me where I can get =
info on=20
the 'silkscreen " method making pc boards. It would likely be a big =
improvement=20
over what I've been doing with a magic marker and ferric chloride. =
thanks=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>&nbsp; carl / kz5ca</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A href=3D"mailto:billydeanward@hotmail.com"=20
  title=3Dbillydeanward@hotmail.com>Billy Ward</A> </DIV>
href=3D"mailto:amps@contesting.com"=20
  title=3Damps@contesting.com>amps@contesting.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, July 05, 2001 =
2:06=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [AMPS] Making =
tubes</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><BR>Greetings Group,</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I will ask this question at the chance of being made to look=20
  ignorant!</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>With the high price of tubes, I wonder if anyone has ever =
invisioned a=20
  homebrew project to actually make the tube from scratch?&nbsp; I know =
that it=20
  would be a little more than the average ham is used to working with =
but why=20
  could we not use something such as stainless steel tubing and come up =
with a=20
  decent power transmitting tube.&nbsp; After all, someone once did =
that!</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>We all know approximately what is needed and some of the group, I =
am=20
  sure, may have worked for places such as Eimac etc. and have a lot of=20
  knowledge of what goes into such a task.&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Sometimes things like this is MUCH more difficult than meets the =
eye and=20
  on the other hand, some things are dirt simple and just appear to be=20
  difficult.&nbsp; Like making pc boards from scratch--some would not =
think of=20
  it and others like me can turn one out from drawing to board in 30-45 =
minutes=20
  using the silk-screen method at the kitchen sink.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Billy Dean Ward</DIV><BR clear=3Dall>
  <HR>
  Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : <A=20
  href=3D"http://explorer.msn.com">http://explorer.msn.com</A><BR>
  <P></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C10565.FBB71500--