[AMPS] good news, Ham Radio Magazine... now on CD Rom

Jaime P.Ullívarri ea6nb@wanadoo.es
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 11:01:41 -0000

I have received mine also, great! but not PDF, the format are only pages
scanned as .JPG and .TIF, with AView you can search the CD only at the
Titles but at least I have all HR collection.
73, Jaime EA6NB.

*-----Mensaje original-----
*De: owner-amps@contesting.com [mailto:owner-amps@contesting.com]En
*nombre de Ian White, G3SEK
*Enviado el: Saturday, July 07, 2001 07:49
*Para: amps@contesting.com
*Asunto: Re: [AMPS] good news, Ham Radio Magazine... now on CD Rom
*
*John Tait wrote:
*>
*>> >HR was the best thing going and still holds it own
*>> >in archive format.
*>> >-
*>> >It's a shame HR was bought out and absorbed
*>> >by the CQ Mag Group.  My CD Roms are now on
*>> >order...
*>
*>
*>      I just received mine in the post....HALLELUJAH!!!
*>The best $150 I ever spent.....
*>
*>     Congratulations to whoever got this VALUABLE
*>resource back in the public arena......THANKS!!
*>
*AIUI, CQ Publications had been developing this compilation CD through
*its 'Comms Quarterly' magazine, which was supposed to be a successor to
*'HR'. The project was at the review stage when the mag folded, and was
*bought by ARRL and merged into 'QEX'.
*
*It's very good that the project has been revived and brought to market.
*
*John, please can you give us a bit more information on the method of
*presentation (PDF?) and also the indexing and searching capabilities?
*
*Presumably they are scanned graphics images of the pages, so it wouldn't
*be possible to search for individual words or phrases within the text.
*However, 'HR' always had good annual and cumulative indexes, classified
*by subject. If they have made the index entries into fully searchable
*text with hyperlinks, it should be quite easy to find any article. Can
*you confirm/correct these speculations please, John?
*
*73 from Ian G3SEK          Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'
*                          'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
*                           http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek
*
*--
*FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/amps