[AMPS] Oil Filled Capacitors

Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <K4XL@arrl.net
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:01:53 -0400

> Herbach & Rademan has 32 ufd @ 4.5KV GE units listed in their catalog
for
> $39.95 each (new). Look in their on-line catalog under the category
"energy
> storage capacitors; although when you get to the page with the caps,
it
> lists them under "Energy Storage/Filter Capacitors" (?)

I have always been told to not use energy storage capacitors in HV power
supplies for filtering purposes.  I tried, unsuccessfully to find a GE
data sheet on the above mentioned cap ( 28F2023G11 ) to see what the
manufacturer had to say about it.

Has anyone actually used one of these caps in a plate supply?  If so,
please let us hear about your experience with it.

Thanks.

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net
*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu or
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr