[AMPS] Oil Filled Capacitors

wb8jkr@juno.com wb8jkr@juno.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:49:55 -0400

  Ken,

  I don't know if it qualifies as the same thing or not, but
I'm using a 35 ufd 5KV cap out of a "de-fib" machine in
my supply. Its 17 years old now and never one problem
with it.

Mark  WB8JKR

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:01:53 -0400 "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL"
<kgrimm@adelphia.net> writes:

> > Herbach & Rademan has 32 ufd @ 4.5KV GE units listed in their
> catalog
> for
> > $39.95 each (new). Look in their on-line catalog under the
> category
> "energy
> > storage capacitors; although when you get to the page with the
> caps,
> it
> > lists them under "Energy Storage/Filter Capacitors" (?)
>
> I have always been told to not use energy storage capacitors in HV
> power
> supplies for filtering purposes.  I tried, unsuccessfully to find a
> GE
> data sheet on the above mentioned cap ( 28F2023G11 ) to see what the
> manufacturer had to say about it.
>
> Has anyone actually used one of these caps in a plate supply?  If
> so,
> please let us hear about your experience with it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ken K4XL

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.