[AMPS] BEWARE OF PARTS BOUGHT FROM VE7BML - VE7BML - VE7BML

2 2@vc.net
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:39:42 -0700

>VE7BML  -  -  Mr. Rick Rosner, cannot be trusted.   He has sold me a flat
>4-1000A tube and will not take it back under any circumstances.   He
>suggested  I "sell it to someone else".  Rick sells parts for amplifiers
>etc.  Do not buy them.   Be very careful when dealing with him, or be
>willing to throw your money away.

/\  Paul - There used to be a 'ganef' on the 40m West Coast swapnet.  He
sold a pair of "untested" 4-1000As at a cheap price.  When the buyer
tested the tubes and discovered that they had low emission, he phoned the
seller and requested a refund.  The seller would say something like:
Sorry,  I had no way of testing the tubes - so send 'em back and I will
send you a refund cheque.  The buyer would return the dud tubes.  The
seller would then sell the tubes again on the swapnet.  After a couple of
weeks, the buyer would phone the seller to report that he had not
received said refund cheque.  The seller would say: 'the cheque is in the
mail'.   - However, he did not send the refund cheque.  The same tubes
were resold many times.   And that's how a ganef recycles dud tubes.

cheers

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end