[AMPS] New 3cx800a7 and 4cx1600b Svetlanas

paul goble goblefam@swbell.net
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:46:02 -0500

FYI, y'all!

For what it's worth (no pun intended), the GS-23B (4CX1600) can be bought
(tested and guaranteed) from "Max", lvs@online.kharkiv.com, for $75 each
just now (he apparently has two; not a common occurrence); the more common
cost is $150 to $160 each delivered.  The GU-74B (4CX800) is also available
from multiple sources at $60 to $70 each, shipping often included.  The
GS-36 (4CX400) is avaiable for $70 each (I don't know if that includes
shipping, or not), and the GI-7B goes for $25 to $35 each, some include
shipping.  These tubes are generally checked for shorts and vacuum by their
sellers, and have a reasonable warranty.

GS-31B and GS-35B coaxial triodes, rated at 1000W and 1500W plate
dissipation to 1000MHz, respectively, are available from multiple sources
as well.  I've seen he GS-31for $70, including shipping, and GS-35 prices
range from $40 without the heavy copper radiator and $50 with, plus
shipping, to the much more common $100 complete, including shipping.

Many of the above prices are higher than those one would pay if living in
Europe (there are also a couple of Japanese sources for small quantities of
these tubes), but that's the way it goes, sometimes! I've been purchasing
from overseas for over three years and have yet to have a problem.

Having noted the above, if you're in a hurry (shipping time from overseas
generally take 8 - 14 days, depending on the country of origin) and don't
mind paying the higher price, the origin of the message which prompted me
to send this "reply" is here in CONUS and can have your order to you in a
few days.

This note is not meant to be negative toward anyone in any way; I'm merely
pointing out options, as I have seen others do for various and sundry HAM
radio associated items from time to time on several reflectors over the
years.  Anyone interpreting this message as anything other than "FYI" is
wrong.  No flames intended, and none expected!!  Besides, I'm flameproof! -
HI!

73, Paul ND2X/5