[AMPS] another MLA-2500 question

KF6IKC@webtv.net KF6IKC@webtv.net
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:52:29 -0800 (PST)

Hello to all. I have a question to all you amp guru's out there. I have
a Dentron MLA-2500 that the last owner did a "low drive mod" to.
 Can anyone tell me what this mod is and how do I UN-do it???  It takes
very little to drive this amp to rated output (1000-1200 watts) and the
input SWR is pretty high. I was told this mod was simular to the low
dive mod that is done on Alpha amps that use the 3cx400 tubes. I do not
have the manual so its hard to say whats stock and whats not in the amp.
I picked it up at a great price and it still has full output with the
origanal tubes.

Thanks and 73 Stan