[AMPS] (no subject)

Ian White, G3SEK Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.com
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 00:09:15 +0000

dan hearn wrote:

>No, they are not. Both are triodes but fil voltage different and the
>power capabilities are very different. You can find data on the GS 35B
>by doing a search on "russian tubes". That is how I compared them. The
>Russian tube is capable of about 1/3 the power of an 8877. 73, Dan, N5AR

The power output capabilities are actually very similar - as you'd
expect because they are both 1.5kW dissipation tubes. The filament
voltage, bias voltage, cathode impedance and drive requirements are
different... and so is the price.

You may be thinking of the GS31, which is a GS35 with a less effective
anode cooler and therefore dissipation-limited.

                           http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek