[AMPS] RCA and Phone Plug Labels

nospam4me@juno.com nospam4me@juno.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:14:47 -0800

Hello again,
-
I'm under the impression the RCA Connector might be a
trade marked name, but it does describe the item in it's
most popular form.  It might also be called a phono plug
variant in it's generic family label.
-
Its a very nice RF and Audio connector at many
frequencies and goes quite high (depending on quality
of design and dielectric).
-
Phono and Phone Plug/Jacks also describe the classic
.25 "quarter inch" and .125 "eight inch" plugs found in
many audio applications.
-
A trip to the digikey , Newark (Farnell over on your side of
the water) would reveal what "family of plugs" the classic
RCA would be listed under.
-
Digikey, Radio Shaft (Shack) and others would also
provide some help.  I have it listed in my OrCad Library
as an RCA.   As a former Motorola Service Station
Employee, I seem to remember Motorhead even listing
it as an RCA connector in some service manuals.  A lot
like the Posi-drive screw, they had to eat a little crow and
admit they had no credit in its original design.
-
cheers
skipp
http://sonic.ucdavis.edu
http://pilot.ucdavis.edu
-
-
[snip]
Is the 'RCA' connector the same thing we call a 'phono plug'? The type of
connector used on the Heathkit HW101 antenna connector, and I believe,
either
the KWM2 antenna connector or the 30L1 input connector - not sure which.
73
Peter G3RZP

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.