[AMPS] 3-500Z

Charles W BWW Burkhardt cburk001@juno.com
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:53:16 -0600

Gentlemen: Trouble with my Heath SB-100, which has a 3-500Z tube.
By mistuning the unit I took out a couple of resisters and the grid
current meter in the  meter circuit board. Have replaced the bad
components, and the unit tunes up OK, but when I try to drive it for just
short periods of time on CW, with a plate  current of just 100 ma, the
plate gets bright red, and if I key just a bit longer there are bright
blue and white flashes in the tube, followed  often by blown fuses.  I
would like someone to tell me it's not the tube, but something else I can
repair-a remote chance I suppose. Any suggestions.? TIA   Charlie. K0GPF