[AMPS] SB-220 Amplifiers and Garage Sales!!

Lamb k7fm@teleport.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 19:22:28 -0800

Hi Bill:

Yes, you certainly did the right thing!

I did the wrong thing about 15 years ago and still wake up at night thinking
about it.

My friend's ham father died and asked me to help sort things out.  I told
him I would be able to sell a number of the items at a swap meet and loaded
them into my car.  Then, I told him there were some things I wanted and I
was not sure the value and would buy them from him a local repairman set the
price.   He wanted to give them to me but I wanted to be fair and give him a
reasonable price for them.  I told him I would get back to him an about a
week.

The items I wanted were a brand new in the box Elmac AF-67 and two new in
the box gold Vibroplex keys.

I got a price and called him back a few days later.  He told me he thought I
did not want them and had thrown them out.  I did not sleep well that night.

Now, when someone wants to give me something, I take it and argue about the
price later.

And, in regard to taking advantage of an old lady, they have been doing that
to us since Adam and Eve.

Colin  K7fm