[AMPS] Transformer ++

jeff millar jeff@wa1hco.mv.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:35:40 -0500

Jeesh...

Try to make some helpful suggestions and discuss
something more advanced than transformers and
we get a condescending attitude.

Why, exactly, would a switcher have a slow
startup time?  The one I designed (using a
commercial control chip)  started switching within
a microsecond of the input voltage rising
above it's turn on point and had managed to
pump up the output inductor to full voltage and
current in a few cycles at its 1 MHz switching
frequency.

Consider a class D audio amplifier...think of it as
a switching power supply with a loop bandwidth
of 20 kHz....no big deal.

If you don't understand switchers or only know
what some manufacturer told you, fine. But, I've
designed them on and off for a long time.

But, we agree on the need to drop the discussion.

jeff, wa1hco