[AMPS] 4CX1500B

measures 2@vc.net
Sun, 6 May 2001 06:58:59 -0700

>John, I am in the process of building a linear using a 4cx1500b also and
>would like to exchange info with your friend if possible.  I have a
>couple of new tubes but would not give one up untill I have it up and
>running and feel that it was all ok.  My gut tells me I might just go
>through one initially.  73 Pete N4KW

€  If one uses the Eimac recommended I-limiting shunt type
screen-regulator, a glitch R in the B+, and adjusts the grid bias V so
that no more than c. 100uA of grid-I flows under max. drive, there is
little chance of damage.  An  appropriate grid termination is either
50-ohms or 12.5-ohms, depending on how much drive is available.  With
12.5-ohms, a bifilar broadband 4 to 1 xfmr. is needed.

cheers

>W0UN--Signal Hill Ranch wrote:
>
>> Have a friend who needs an Eimac 4CX1500B for his amp.
>> He might be willing to buy a second one for a spare if
>> the price is right.
>>
>> Just wonder who deals in surplus 4CX1500Bs, has good prices,
>> and good quality products (money back guarantee)?
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks--John  W0UN
>>
>> --
>> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/amps