[AMPS] Harris RF111 PS for RF110 amp

yo9fzs yo9fzs@office.deck.ro
Sat, 12 May 2001 19:20:16 +0300

Hello Phil,

Yes, I know about the RF112A, I have the service manual.

This RF110A have INSIDE it the entire PS labeled RF111A.
The amp is from an aircraft (3 phase 115V 400Hz power line) so the
PS is low volume at this frequency.It include at least two transformers
and is compact.

The transformer for the B+ 2250V and for +500V( for the screen supply)
is 3 phase having secondaries similar with the one used in the RF112A
(one secondary 370V at 0.9A Y wired, one 830V at 1.4A Y wired and
one 830V at 1.4A delta wired.
It is lightweight (because of the higher working freq.) 15 x 16 x 11 cm
and it is shielded (no possibility to modify the coils connections).

Maybe the RF111 include also the 115V 400Hz invertor for the blower, I saw
two 2N2290 power PNP transistors directly mounted on a chassis assembly,
but it is also possible to power the blower from another 400Hz transformer.

I have not access to a 220V 50 Hz 1 phase to 115V 400Hz 3 phase invertor,
and have not info about such device, so I have to build an external B+ and
screen power supply and I need to know if the existing RF111 PS include
that blower convertor and to know its connections/diagram.

Thanks,
73s,

Traian