[AMPS] Nichrome wire and tube chimneys!

Geo. Clute gclute@home.com
Sat, 12 May 2001 22:22:56 -0700

I ran a Eimac 4-1000A G-G with 6750 on the plate with a squirl cage
blowing the bottom and a muffin fan blowing across the top seal and
heat sink.  No Chimney!...But then those were the days you could by FM
pull outs for 20.00 to 25.00 with the red Eimac paint still showing,
and I was about 20 years old and breadboarded the HV supply with
4-3B28s around the room.  Friends would come over and test their tubes
to see what the idle current was to determing how good the tube was
operating.

"Disclaimer"  I don't recomment this kind of operation.

Geo - W7LFD