[AMPS] Blower Noise

Rick Bullon kc5ajx@hotmail.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 16:37:31 -0000

>A good blower uses natural flow which causes heat to continue straight up
>and has a vent with no elbows through the roof.  On a normal day, the red
>tail hawks will be seen spiraling in circles over the vent, using the heat
>flow to gain altitude.  What a glorious sight to be the only house in the
>neighborhood with hawks circling overhead.  The only problem is the
>occasion
>when you bring a new baby poodle home.  They always seem to disappear in
>the
>back yard just before lunch time.
>
>Colin  K7FM

I have a better idea for the excess heat. In the winter time vent it back
into the shack for warmth and in the summer route it though a heat exchanger
to cool the shack. This would also get rid of the hawks as they no longer
have the heat for lift and you save money on poodles, more money to spend on
radio  gear !!
73
Rick
KC5AJX